Friday, November 19, 2010

Motto of the Day

"Drive like you've never driven before"

It only struck me halfway through my driving test that this was perhaps not the best motto to have. Somehow, despite all the pessimism of my family (who think I'll eternally be a learner driver) I passed my test! Woo!

And now I'm going to celebrate by going on a big holiday to New York in the morning, spending loads of money in the Thanksgiving sales and drinking excessively for the next week. if I'm alive by the end of that (I'm not the least bit worried about an alcohol-induced coma*, but the sales can be quite vicious) I'll update you when I'm home! :-)

*Been there, done that.

2 comments:

tobethatguy said...

i hope you have an AMAZING trip. Manhattan is lovely and has endless options for fun, but don't forget about Brooklyn.

the pizza in Brooklyn is enough of a reason to visit.

and if you end up in Philadelphia by some chance or accident or misdirection.... let me know.

Piney said...

Thanks! The pizza here is pretty unreal but I think I may have fallen in love with Dean & Delucas in particular, NOM! Unfort won't be dropping by Philly as time is short but it's always nice to know a friendly person is there. Make sure to keep me updated on your plans for Ireland and I'll give ya the inside scoop! :-)