Today didn't go as badly as expected. I got up bright and early to get some last minute study in, managed to fit in another hour cramming over work and then sat down in the conference room amongst the crowd of 20 or so....terrified of what lay ahead. I'm normally quite relaxed when it comes to presentations but I just hadn't put the prep in and I knew it. God in his benevolence must have thought to himself "Hey, he's not so bad" and decided to give me a break, the best kind of break. And so, some other guy from work stood up and announced to everyone, "Today I will be discussing...."
Honestly I'm still a bit unsure how it all happened but no one had a clue I was supposed to be giving a talk on another topic! There's only one speaker per meeting so I was free as a bird!! I figure I just must have racked up enough street cred with the man upstairs by sending the parish priest a postcard every time I go on holidays! Booyackasha! Now they did ask me to talk at next week's meeting but that'll be fine so for the moment I'll just sit in bed scoffing on a Terry's chocolate orange and listening to this song on repeat.
Laters!
No comments:
Post a Comment