Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Motivational Comparison

I must say that I have a pretty cool groups of friends. They're talented, intelligent, work hard and party harder. There is however one big downside. They're all leaving the country. And I'm not. Yet.

I've lost so many friends to England, Scotland, the US and New Zealand this year for work, travel, study and my sister is moving off to Kenya on a "gender equality" mission for 2 years in a few weeks. One of my music friends even got accepted into "The Lord of the Dance" European tour as a violin player. She has to strut her Irish stuff on stage and go wild with the fiddle. Kind of amazing really. And here I am in Cork, doing my thang. On the plus side, I have free accommodation in multiple cities but well, I'm still in Cork. I only write this as I'm seriously contemplating doing some pretty big exams that will require a lot of study if I want to move to New York/Chicago (I haven't decided yet..) after next year's Australia trip. I'm hoping that by putting this in writing I'll motivate myself to do more study and cough up the €600 for the first of 5 (8 hour long...) exams.

So here's a comparison to give me a kick up the arse. People kissing the rather grubby (and completely unhygienic) Blarney stone Vs New York.

Ridiculously obvious really.





No comments: