Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Near Death Experience...well kind of..

I felt the sudden urge to share this hilarious kind of near death experience with you all. I'll be honest, you'll never have heard of the likes of this before. It would have been possibly the most embarrassing way to die ever and I would have most likely ended up winning one of those Darwin awards for sheer stupidity.

So anyways, this evening i had a shower and when I came out there was this tablet lying on the ground in front of me. It looked EXACTLY like one of those vitamin C tablets (you know, the ones you dissolve in water?) that my mom has been feeding me non stop before the exams! i picked it up and put it the table in my room as I thought I'd just keep it for tomorrow as i'd already had my Vit C tablet that day.

So my mom comes up to my room and asks me if I had taken the tablet on the ground and I told her I'd taken it (just so she wouldn't moan on about me not getting my vitamins etc etc) and she gave me this look of horror. It turns out the "vitamin C" was actually .....this ultra strong acidic tablet to clean the toilet!

My heart nearly stopped.......and then I burst out laughing. Hysterically and uncontrollably. I had been half thinking of just swallowing the tablet whole instead of dissolving it in water so there was a good chance I wouldn't have noticed the acidic nature soon enough.I assume it would dissolve nicely through my oesophagus/stomach as i checked out some instances of accidental poisoning online. Apparently I'm not the only one who has been fooled, some poor old lady mistook it as her sleeping tablet once! Thankfully it was a much lower dose but she has horrible oesophageal strictures now.

Imagine, 5 days before my final exams and ending up in A&E with a story like that!!

Lads this evening, I nearly killed myself.....with toilet cleaner.

No comments: