Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thierry Henry

As everyone this side of the Atlantic knows, there was a qualifying match last night between France and Ireland for the World Cup. My Facebook news feed is literally overloaded with jibes at Thierry Henry for the so-called "goal" that sent them through to the next round. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, watch the youtube clip beneath, Henry is in the blue jersey, no. 12. Essentially he had a handball and the goal should have been nullified by the ref and it wasn't....Cue a million anti -Thierry Henry Facebook pages such as..

I hate Thierry Henry The Cheating French Frog
We Irish hate Thierry Henry (the cheat)
I hate Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry should apologise to Ireland

EDIT: Wikipedia has this to say about him...looks like someone's been changing the pages a bit..!;-)

To be honest, as an Irish guy I do feel terrible that we didn't get through to the World Cup but Henry himself has openly admitted that it was a handball, he just continued playing as the ref didn't call it. "I will be honest, it was a handball. Bu I'm not the ref. I played it, the ref allowed it. That's a question you should ask him."

Although I can't say that I like the situation, I think calling him a cheat is going too far so I won't be joining the Facebook pages any day now.

PS In other news, I presented the first draft of my FYP (Final year project) today and it went graaaaaand so I can thoroughly enjoy my college ball tomorrow night and get HAMMERED!!! WOOOO!!!! :-D

No comments: